At Tweddle Group, we’re building innovative software products and services to aid in the diagnosis and repair of complex electrical systems. Our customers include global OEM brands in the automotive, agriculture, machinery, and heavy equipment industries. Our primary products and services include TRACER – our flagship electrical system diagnostics product developed and deployed to OEM manufacturing operations, and TROUBLESHOOTER – our guided diagnostics product developed and deployed to OEM service operations, as well as a host of other applications relative to service portals, parts catalog, and content delivery. Our mission is to develop best-in-class software products that import, augment, and transform our customers’ technical information to deliver enhanced functionality and engaging experiences to a multitude of end-users.
We’re in need of a Senior, Full-Stack Software Engineer to contribute to the development of our TROUBLESHOOTER product. In this role, you’ll work closely with all members of the software development team including Product Owner, Principal Engineer, UI/UX Designer, and other Development Engineers to deliver high quality software to achieve the objectives of the product vision. You’ll collaborate with all stakeholders and integrate well into the team dynamic. You’ll go deep across the entire software tech stack and always strive to leave the codebase better than you found it. You’ll have a positive ownership attitude for your work as well as a strong desire to improve the product capability, quality, and performance with your contributions.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software applications and systems including new feature changes based on product objectives as well as corrective actions to address ongoing bug fixes
- Document feature changes and bug fixes using Confluence and GitHub
- Analyze existing software source code to proactively identify potential weaknesses, problems, vulnerabilities, or risks and execute mitigation strategies as part of continuous improvement
- Assist core engineering team as needed with triaging and solving complex problems
- Comply with corporate software development methodologies, tools, principles, and practices
- Apply best practices to positively impact productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to establish effective, repeatable, and sustainable CI/CD deployment processes
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- BS degree in technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing software at scale including direct experience across all layers of the software technology stack
- Strong knowledge/fluency/competency in the following areas:
- Relevant software frameworks e.g. React, ExpressJS, NodeJS
- Relevant AWS infrastructure services e.g. EC2, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Relational and graph database structures e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB
- CI/CD deployment tools e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- JSON, XML, HTML, CSS, and other data structure concepts
- REST API structures and web services
- Knowledge of end-to-end testing frameworks e.g. Cypress, Playwright
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify root cause and recommend permanent corrective action
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret complex data sets
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Team-oriented attitude with detail-oriented mindset
- Experience in interacting with diverse, multi-cultural, globally distributed development teams
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Applicable professional certifications with 3rd party providers e.g. AWS Certified Developer credentials
- Some experience with vehicle electrical systems and service diagnostics preferred
- Must be local to Detroit Michigan area
- Domestic and international travel may be required (minimal)