The Nissan Technical Author – Mechanical is responsible for the development and production of all aspects of mechanical material required within automotive service information. These aspects include removal and installation, inspection and adjustment, repair, replacement, and maintenance procedures. This position must ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks which maintain compliance to both corporate and customer standards.
- Follow current mechanical development procedures and processes as necessary to ensure electronic service manual meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Use Content Development Procedures, Work Instructions, Training and Records per the corporate quality system to complete assignments.
- Observe and document flat rate technicians validating vehicle repair procedures.
- Develop service information to support existing business and new business, including new products and services.
- Work cooperatively with project management, wiring diagram authors, and diagnostic authors to ensure quality and timely delivery of service manuals.
- Document open issues such as conflicting supporting development information and follow through on resolution and inclusion.
- Create service manual exploded view illustrations and procedural step illustrations using Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or similar software from multiple formats such as CAD and engineering files.
- Associate degree or 2 years’ hands-on mechanical repair experience.
- Ability to analyze and translate customer supplied technical information.
- Capacity to research, understand and accurately compile multiple formats of engineering data for development of service information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, enthusiastic, well organized, self-motivated learner.
- Self-disciplined, competent, and committed to follow-through on all tasks.
- Solid understanding of authoring tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or similar software.
- Solid understanding of XML/SGML authoring tools.
- Experienced in developing mechanical information for automotive service industry or industries.
- Manage time/workload to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work with domestic and international business cultures.
- Experience working collaboratively with client service team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies.
- Take high quality digital photographs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend extended research time at their desk. They should be able to walk and stand for periods of time observing vehicle teardown and taking validation notes and photographs.
- Less than 5% domestic and international travel may be required.